Tuesday, February 6, 2018

Results of International BookBub for Grand Master's Trilogy #MarketingTips #IndieAuthors


Summary: My international Bookbub was a success. It paid for itself and generated sales for another month. It generated new sales on non-Amazon retailers, and new reviews. I’ll try again in a few months for a worldwide BookBub.

Background
BookBub accepted my Boxset, Grand Master’s Trilogy, Book 1-3, for a 99c international promotion on December 27, 2017. This boxset was published January 2, 2017, and submitted to BookBub about once a month (15 times) until it was accepted in November. The boxset had 2 reviews.
Grand Master’s Trilogy is Sci-Fi Fantasy and Romance. I tried submitting in different categories, and the book was accepted in Fantasy.

 Trilogy

My Strategy
The Trilogy is part of a 4-book series with a short prequel. I kept book 4 at $3.99, and the prequel at 99c. 
My goals were: 1) to introduce readers to this series, which I plan to expand; and 2) add readers in other countries and sales at non-amazon retailers. 

BookBub Feature Date: December 27, 2017
Final Cost: $174.00
Selected Regions: UK, CA, IN, AU
Selected Category: Fantasy
Subscribers: 450,000
Average Sales: 420 (estimated)

Results
I set the boxset to 99c a couple of weeks early as a precaution.
Other promotions: My newsletter on Dec 14 and 26, and Patty Jansen’s cross promotion (pattyjansen.com/promo) on 26th.

Total sales Dec 14-26: 31 on Amazon + 14 at other retailers. Also 1 prequel + 6 of Book 4. Estimated royalties of $35

Total sales Dec 27-31: 324 on Amazon + 219 at other retailers. Also 5 prequel + 4 of Book 3. Estimated royalties of $254 (repaid cost of BookBub feature)
Amazon Ranking rose to #2 in Canada and #3 in Australia for Romance/Science fiction

Total sales in January: 290 Trilogy on Amazon + 43 at other retailers, mostly Kobo.
Also 7 sales of Book 4. Estimated royalties of $138


Comments
My boxset had more sales than the BookBub estimate - 543 over 2 days, and an additional 333 over the next month. 
I gained 3 new reviews on Amazon and Kobo. 
My estimated royalties of $392 paid for the promotion. 
The tail lasted through January. In February I set the book back to full price. I saw the longest tail on Amazon Canada and Kobo. Apple, however, showed more sales of my other books.
I was disappointed that few people bought the fourth book in the series or the prequel, although it may take time for people to read the trilogy. 


 Grand Masters' Galaxy

No comments:

Post a Comment