Saturday, July 16, 2016

Who came in? Snippet from Starrella Falls for #WeWriWa #Superhero Adventure & #Romance

Welcome to another Sunday with Weekend Writing Warriors. Here, writers in different genres showcase their stories with 8-10 sentences. Join the fun and read our snippets.
Today, I’ll move onto a snippet from my new release (July 26th) Starrella Falls, Book 2 in the Secret Supers. You can read the first chapters HERE

Blurb
College freshman Estelle Wright has it all: a superpower, a flying horse, and a hunky boyfriend. All is threatened when her old enemy swears revenge, ruthless killers target Atalanta, and Toby is under pressure to dump her. But, Estelle’s knack of finding trouble scuttles his plans. Their lives are at stake and they face agonizing decisions. The wrong choice will lead to disaster. 

Their meals arrived and Toby tackled the burger with his usual gusto. While he was occupied with the food, Estelle chewed slowly and stared around the pub. A man entering drew her attention by his formal attire of a dark suit and tie, unlike the regular customers in their casual clothes. A short beard and dark glasses hid the stranger’s expression. He strolled to the bar and stared at the rows of bottles on the mirrored wall.
Estelle nudged Toby, “Don’t look yet. He just came in.”
“Who?” Toby mumbled through a mouthful of fries.

 Starrella Falls

Buy Links for Starrella Falls

 Super Starrella

Buy Links for Super Starrella

 SFR CrossPromo

Promotion: From July 18-22nd >40 FREE and 99c eBooks in Science Fiction Romance from 30 authors are listed here: http://smschmitz.com/promo


As always, your comments are welcome. Please return to www.wewriwa.com to sample the works of the other writers. 

40 comments:

  1. Yes, who? Everyone is teasing me with their posts so far. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have the feeling it's not the bottles he's interested in, but the reflection in the mirror.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mouthful of fries - such a nice characteristic of a teenager.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He's in his twenties, but he needs to feed those muscles.

      Delete
  4. Toby's chowing down, missing an important detail. Typical guy. :-) Wonder what the stranger is up to?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good use of details to make the scene come alive! Intriguing excerpt indeed...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Who is that well-dressed man! And now I want a burger and fries at 9 o'clock in the morning! ;-)

    ~Joyce Scarbrough

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Why not? Don't you have leftover pizza for breakfast?

      Delete
  7. Great visuals. You make me hungry, and I just ate. I'm curious about the man. Great snippet.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great use of details, and I'm with others in thinking his interest is not in the bottles.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yes indeed, WHO? I take it this guy is a threat and perhaps they need to plan a way to get out of there quickly. (I'm quite sure I mentioned this last leek for some reason, but I love the cover for Book 2 also.)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Stupid aside...I was reading this and hubby yells from the kithen, "I'm making a burger, you want one?" Anyway, I thought the details made the scene come to life, and like others I too wondered who the mysterious stranger was and who he was looking for as he was obviously out of place...

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm definitely suspicious of him. Great snippet! :D

    ReplyDelete
  12. Who??? Who just came in?? Ha! Nice cliffhanger, Aurora. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  13. I was waiting for him to look after all :-)
    Yes, who .... can't wait to find out.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love how Toby is just interested in eating. Good visuals. And yes I am curious what the strager was staring at.

    ReplyDelete
  15. WHO??? Way to leave us hanging.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I'm with Karen. Who walked in I must know!!! Sorry for the super late response.

    ReplyDelete