Saturday, September 22, 2018

Her mother's frantic - snippet from #Superhero short story for #WeWriWa



Welcome to another Sunday with Weekend Writing Warriors. Meet writers in various genres and read 8-10 sentence snippets of their stories. Find a new author and sample their work. Enjoy!

I’m running snippets from an unpublished short story in my superhero series. It was originally intended for an anthology that didn’t receive enough submissions. I’m debating whether to expand it into a novella or make an anthology with other short stories. Any suggestions are welcome. 
Sorry for skipping two weeks. Two Sundays ago, I was traveling from London to Atlanta. Last weekend, I was attending a departmental retreat.
The last line was: Estelle slipped into the chair next to Toby.
(Please excuse added semicolons to fit 8-10 sentences.)

He winked at her, “Hi, Star.” His special, lop-sided grin sent her pulse racing.
“What’s up?” she asked.
He nodded toward the younger student, “Problem number one, Gecko’s baby sister is missing.”
“Juliana Rosado’s not really my sister,” Gecko explained, “she’s the seven-year old daughter of a family living in my apartment complex. I’ve kind of adopted Juliana; play ball with her after school. She’s a happy girl, not the type to run away; her mother’s frantic. Cops have been searching for almost a week, and the whole neighborhood’s jittery.” After this uncharacteristically long speech, he shook his head and looked at Toby.
“Yep; know how it is; ain’t easy to lose part of your family,” Toby drawled.

 Secret Supers Series


Upcoming Special Sale for Grand Master’s Trilogy.
Thrilling SciFi Fantasy adventure & romance with vivid characters, aliens, dragons, psychic powers, good vs evil, and a chess theme.
Read The Story Behind the Grand Masters’ Galaxy on my Blog Post

 GM Trilogy

Grab 3 books for the price of one!
Grand Master’s Trilogy is only $3.99 from September 24th to October 7th.
(Note, the sale price is already showing for iBooks and B&N)

Reviewers say:
Adventures galore -aliens, real evil baddies and blossoming love all coved in this galactic series. I loved it!” 

Terrific series! Who is undermining the lives of everyone in the Galaxy? Can they be neutralised? Fast paced, lots of action and great characters. If you are into fantasy, paranormal and romance then this for you.”

As always, I’ll be happy to reply to your comments.  
Please return to www.wewriwa.com to sample the works of the other writers.

Find a catalog of my published stories HERE.
Join me on Facebook  Twitter  Google+


20 comments:

  1. Oh dear, sounds a bit serious - I hope she's OK.

    ReplyDelete
  2. A week? Oh glory, that's not good statistically. Good snippet, Aurora.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm sure you're correct. She is alive - I prefer happy endings.

      Delete
  3. I hope they are able to help find the missing girl!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, that is the goal of the story. And, Toby doesn't like to fail.

      Delete
  4. Adoption is always a good thing, I was adopted myself.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is good, and often due to the generosity of adoptive parents.

      Delete
  5. I sense that Gecko will be getting a lot of support for finding this girl. Good luck to them!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Toby's team are mostly people he has rescued in one way or another. Gecko was a street kid before Toby recruited him into the secret supers.

      Delete
  6. Lots of excitement and concern in this snippet. Well done.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Scary situation any time a child goes missing, can't wait to see what will happen next! Enjoyed the snippet, really draws the reader into the scene...

    ReplyDelete
  8. Nice set up, Aurora! Pulls you right in to the problem. Characters already well defined in just this snippet.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Every person's worst nightmare - missing child.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Makes me wonder about the circumstances of her disappearance that the team is getting involved in the search.

    ReplyDelete